Author: Igor WnukIgor Wnuk on Google+
Graphic designer and the founder of Bazinga Designs, likes ukulele and Gorillaz.
"The essence of understanding time lies in understanding organism. And so it yields to a low tech observational style of natural science which we call [raja] yoga. By looking inside the body and the mind as you still gross physiological functions, subtler and subtler shells of vibration and emanation and physiological activity come into view. My hypothesis is if you do this with sufficient care and attention you get down to a level where you’re actually interfacing the primal quantum mechanical vibrations that lie behind everything. In other words, you are in the realm of primal patterns whose activity downloads and eventuates as the macro-physical world."
Terence McKenna (1946-2000)
- Tame your work environment. Place around you things that inspire and make you feel good. A good example of such thing can be a living plant, most preferably a green one.
- Start your day with a minute of exercises. If you think you don't have time for that try doing it this way: start with 30 seconds and increase time spent on exercises by one second a day - you'll reach full minute in a month. Each exercise makes your body release endorphine, a natural opioid - your defender against ilnesses and a natural source of good humour.
- Change your cup of coffee for a glass of Yerba Mate or clean, non-carbonated water. See for yourself how great the relief for your stomach and nervous system will be.
- Teach yourself to organize your work time better. If you regularly work after hours because you can't keep pace with assignments you might suffer wrong time organisation. Make a list of the things you do every day and analyse it - maybe there's something you want to change?
- Treat your business meetings as a kind of entertainment. Work is a part of life, and it's also to give you pleasure.
- Smile whenever you can. If you do this, your body will try to catch up. You'll be more relaxed if your organism expects something good to happen.
- Perfection does not exist. Do your best instead. Only people who do nothing make no mistakes.
- Believe in yourself. Nobody is smarter than you are. Forget about the ideologies, they are worthless and clutter your mind with useless things that slow you down.
- Your mind can adapt to everything. Sometimes you just need a few minutes break before approaching your task again. Let your creative part do the work for you.
- If you have dilemas: vote for yourself.